Egypt, Hurghada Red Sea
Egypt / Hurghada, Red Sea
- From 11. April → 18. April 2020
- From 18. April → 25. April 2020
- From 13. June → 20. June 2020
IntroductionTurquoise waters, wind and a sailing boat. If this was one of your dreams it can easily become a reality! 7 days of kiteboarding in Paradise, navigating around Egyptian islands situated in Hurghada Red Sea waters.
Our professional IKO certified instructors in collaboration with local guys from „Red Sea Kite“ will offer the coaching you need depending on your level, allowing you to improve quickly and efficiently, while enjoying the incredible sweet sensations of kiteboarding.
For extra fun we added wakeboarding, other water activities, dancing and lots of joy while navigating freely.
PlanOnce landing in Hurgada airport there is nothing to worry about we got you all covered! Organized pick up from the airport and for the first night you will be sleeping on the boat in the marina where we have a welcome dinner ready for you.
The next morning our adventure starts with visiting the closest island situated 2h away navigating with a boat where we will have our first kite session. During 7 days of kite safari the idea is to visit 2-3 islands, depending of the kiteboarders level who are with us on the boat.
On the last day of our Kite Safari we will be on the island close to Hurghada so we can manage to get as much as possible time to kite on that day. In the evening we are going to settle ourselves down in the marina and have a special dinner with lots of fun in one of the local restaurants in Hurghada. Once getting tired of partying we are going back to the boat for the last nap of the Kite Safari week.
Flight infoDirect flights to Hurghada airport from most of the European cities and it takes about 4h. From Munich is the cheapest flight for now.
LocationEgypt, Hurghada Red Sea
WindWind (NE) 15-35 knots
SpotAmazing flat water knee deep, perfect for the people who never tried kiteboarding and of course kiters who wants to improve their level or learn new freestyle skills.
WaterLagoons with perfectly flat turquoise water in the front of sand banks surrounded with Egyptian islands. Water temperature 22-25°C
We are collaborating with „Red Sea Kite“ which is a local crew from Hurghada, with over 15 years of experience in Kite Safari trips. Our captain together with his crew will know exactly where on which day to place our boat so we have the best wind conditions on a beatiful spots.
For shared occupancy
€ 900,– Full trip
- 7 nights in a double room.
- Private bathroom / hot shower.
- Independent AC.
- Traditional / International food from Chef.
- Water, coffee and snacks available 24/7
For shared occupancy + full week equipment rental
€ 900,– + € 350,–
- Full range of kites available.
- Foil / Twin-tip / Directional Boards.
- Optional equipment insurance (+ € 30 covers up to € 200 of damage)
- All gear is from 2019 / 2020 season
For shared occupancy + full week lessons and equipment
€ 900,– + € 480,–
- All equipment is included
- Certified instructors UCPA / VDWS / IKO
- Lesson in French, English, Italian and Russian
- Rescue boats on guard the entire sessions
- Insurance included
- Day 1: Check-In anytime after 18:00.
- Day 2: Departure for safari between 08:00am and 10:00am.
- Day 2 to 7: Safari Visiting 2 or 3 islands, two session per day with the option to make down wind navigation between two island for advanced riders.
- Day 7: Arrival in the marina between 4 and 6pm.
- Day 8: Check-Out from the safari boat at 10:00am
- Assistance and rescue.
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Wi-fi internet access on the boat.
- Transfer to/from Hurghada airport.
- Wakeboarding and snorkeling gear.
- Downwind navigation for advance riders.
- Beach towels are included
Good to Know:
- Non-kiters and all levels are welcome.
- Insurance for equipment 30€ per week.
- Private lesson 75€ per hour during the Safari
- We prefer if you bring your own harness.
- Scuba diving available at 50€ per dive ( 20/25 minutes)
- For advanced divers we ask for appropriate requirements.
- Beer and wine available on board (extra cost).
- Family and triple rooms are available.
- Down payment €500 on reservation.
- Full amount of the safari price needs to be paid one month before the trip.
We are Petar and Dean, two passionate kiteboarders and certified instructors travelling around the world catching wind and waves, In collaboration with “Red Sea Kite” we are going to deliver you all you need and a bit more.
Our first goal is to carry on the passion for kiteboarding, support and assist you to learn new skills and to create some unforgettable memories for you!
We want to make you an independent rider or improve your skills as much as we can during this journey with us.
Join our story and be part of an incredible experience in a place of dreams.
- Name: La Vela
- Year of build: 2005
- Country of build: Turkey
- 12 cabins 24 people full capacity
- Capacity: 20 guests
- Two zodiac 40hp and 100hp
- Learn more about our boat
Questions & Answers
- How many people are in kite safari group?
There will be 20 persons per group in a Kite Safari. Max 22 guest capacity
- What languages are spoken?
We speak English, Italian, Portuguese and Croatian.
- What if I’m Vegetarian or vegan or have special dietary requirements?
Please let us know about it when booking your place in Kite Safari and we cater to your dietary requirements
- What tiype of clothing should we bring?
The weather is warm and sunny 25-35°C, during the night can be a bit colder.
- Which application we can use to check the forecast?
Windguru, wind finder and windy app. Usually the strength of the wind is between 15 to 35 knots
- At what time we should be ready for the day?
Every evening we will talk about the next day and agree on what we do, but approximately around 9.00 o`clock you will know already what is up for tommorow.
- Do I need visa for Egypt?
Yes you do need a Visa, once you land on the airport you can get your Visa on arrival for cost of 25$. It is done on automatic machine so no need for some forms or photos.
- Do we have medical support during our kite safari?
During our Kite Safari we are covered with all the necessary first aid equipment and supported by Air medical services.
- Do I need suncream?
Yes it is recommended to get yourself a bit better quality sun cream with a 50+ protection factor and a zinc cream for face. Sun is shining and the weather is sweet, so to enjoy it we protect ourself and prevent on time.
- Any danger in or outside the water?
There is no danger in the water due to sandy bottom in the shallow flat lagoons, also neither on the islands there is nothing to harm us.
- Diving with us? Do I need any certificate?
For divers who chose scuba diving as an extra activity, we are kindly asking for medical certificate and diving level card if they have any previous experience in scuba diving.
- Do we also sail on our safari or only navigate with the boat?
Most of the time we are navigating due to complexity of sailing on such a big boat, but in some good sailing conditions we also use our sails.
Would you like to know more about the Kite Safari, do you have any questions, or you would like to book with us? We are looking forward to hear from you.